On the A-Z Databases page, the databases are listed in alphabetical order. Since SC4 Library subscribes to over 200 databases, it is usually easiest to select a useful database by searching the databases that fall within a general subject area.
1. To do this, use the dropdown "Subjects" menu to aid in your selection.
2. Choose "Criminal Justice" from the "Subjects" dropdown, as shown below. There are 16 different recommended databases that contain Criminal Justice - related resources.
3. Underneath the database title (or if you hover over the title as shown below) is a short description of the types of resources and subject areas the database contains.
There are a few other ways to figure out if a particular database will be useful in your research.
1. As discussed above, one of the best ways to select a relevant database is to make sure that it covers the subject area you need.
2. It is also helpful to know what date range a database covers.
3. You may also want to know what types of materials (journal articles, e-books, images, etc.) are available in a certain database.