Note to Faculty
Open Educational Resources are educational materials and resources offered freely and openly for anyone to use and under some licenses to re-mix, improve, and redistribute. This page provides links to resources relevant to your discipline. Use these links to find high-quality OER for your courses.
Tips for finding and using OER:
1. There are lots of OER materials out there. It takes time and persistence to find the ones that best fit you and your students' academic needs
2. Instead of focusing on a textbook that you want to replace, focus on what you want your students to know or do.
3. Use the resources on this page and on the Finding OER page as starting points for finding quality resources related to your discipline. If you need help finding additional resources, contact one of the OER team members.
4. If you find an article in a library database that you want to use in a course, SC4 librarians can assist you in copyright considerations and providing access to your students through reserves, an online research guide, or assist in linking in your online course.
5. Talk with the OER team regarding any questions you have about finding and using OER