LockDown Browser is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment in Canvas.
When students use LockDown Browser to access a quiz, they are unable to print, copy, visit other websites, access other applications, or close a quiz until it is submitted for grading. Quizzes created for use with LockDown Browser cannot be accessed with standard browsers.
The Monitor is a webcam feature for LockDown Browser that records students during online, non-proctored quizzes. When this feature is enabled for a quiz, students are required to use a webcam and microphone with LockDown Browser.
**If you are using a device with a built-in webcam or taking the quiz off-campus, begin at step #3.
1. Plug the webcam into a USB port.
2. Follow steps #5- #9 above.
4. Go through the Webcam Check, which will confirm that your webcam and microphone are working properly. (Adobe Flash Player may ask you to select Allow and Remember.)
5. The remaining steps of the Startup Sequence will depend on settings chosen by your instructor. Follow the instructions and note your progress along the top of the screen.
6. The test will begin after the Startup Sequence is complete. You cannot exit LockDown Browser until the test is submitted for grading.
If you encounter a problem, select the It’s not working link for troubleshooting tips.