What is Information Literacy?
"Information literacy is the set of integrated abilities encompassing the reflective discovery of information, the understanding of how information is produced and valued, and the use of information in creating new knowledge and participating ethically in communities of learning." Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education 2015, American Library Association, American College & Research Libraries Association
After participating in the SC4 information literacy program:
You will learn how to:
- Access the library’s e-resources 24/7 from any device with internet access using your SC4 portal username and password.
- Use the library databases to find peer reviewed materials.
- Evaluate sources for quality, validity, and bias.
- Create advanced database and internet searching strategies.
- Identify elements of MLA citations.
- Cite sources responsibly.
Use the tabs across the top of the screen to navigate through the program as shown below. Complete the library assignment.