- Your Skippers OneCard must be presented when you wish to use or check out any Library materials. Students who do not carry their Skippers OneCard card may be denied use of materials.
- All books in the circulating collection may be checked out for three weeks. If the item has not been requested by another patron, you are allowed to renew it two times (online, by phone or in person) on or before the due date.
- Print periodicals, audiovisual items, reference books, and most print reserve items are for library use only.
- The maximum number of books that can be checked out by one person is 10, with a limit of five per subject.
- You are responsible for all materials checked out with your card and any fines due.
- Anyone with overdue materials may not check out additional items or use the off campus databases until the overdue materials have been returned and fines paid. Please report lost materials promptly.
- Any fines or charges incurred and not paid within two weeks of their due date are added to your student receivable account. Students owing money may not register for classes or obtain transcripts until all fines or charges are paid. A hold will be placed on your college records until all library obligations have been met.
Fines and charges
|Item||Fine / day||Max. fine||Lost or damaged*|
|Circulating books||$ .25||$ 10||$ 40|
|Audio/visual items||$ 1||$ 5||$ 20|
|Unauthorized removal of periodical Item||$ 1||$ 5||$ 10|
|Unauthorized removal of reserve item||$ 5||$ 10||$ 30|
|Reserve video item||$ 2||$ 10||$ 15|
*Fines for lost or damaged items may vary and are subject to approval by the Library director.
SC4 Library has computers available for use by public patrons. Public patrons must sign in with the Circulation desk, provide indentification, and abide by the college's acceptable use policy.
Hours for public patron computer use:
Monday through Friday
7:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Saturday (During Fall & Winter Semesters)
8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Public patron access may be limited if additional workstations are needed for student use.
St. Clair County Community College
323 Erie St, P.O. Box 5015
Port Huron, MI 48061-5015
Phone: (810) 989-5640
Text a librarian: (810) 515-7343